Cherokee Artist Roy Boney Jr. Reflects on Steve Jobs (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun Oct 9 16:30:44 UTC 2011

Cherokee Artist Roy Boney Jr. Reflects on Steve Jobs

By Roy Boney Jr. October 7, 2011
USA

I received a text on my iPhone on the morning of October 6 that said, “ᎣᏏᏲ,
ᎩᎾᎵ.”  It’s a simple Cherokee greeting, akin to “Hello, friend” in English.
 It’s pronounced “oh-see-yo, gee-na-lee.”  It may not seem like much to the
casual observer that has been sending and receiving texts for years, but
seeing the Cherokee syllabary appear in that tiny bubble on my screen is a
profound thing.  And I have Steve Jobs to thank for it.

Access full article below:
*http://tinyurl.com/3of95t2*