=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=98How_to_protect_our_languages=E2=80=99_?=(fwd l ink)

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 6 13:36:58 UTC 2011

Thanks Phil,

This quote:

“there is need to conserve linguistic diversity, especially in the face of
the English language’s awesome ability to displace and eliminate other
languages.”

got me thinking...has anyone invoked the metaphor of "invasive species" when
talking about language endangerment? We see a number of metaphors borrowed
from biology, but I wonder if anyone has used this before.

Cheers,
Shannon