Teaching Oral Language via Technology

Craig Spaulding craig_spaulding at COMCAST.NET
Thu Sep 8 01:00:19 UTC 2011

I've been out of internet contact for the last few days. Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry. I'll follow up with these leads to see which might be most appropriate for a group wanting to focus primary on adult orality.

Craig

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "craig spaulding" <craig_spaulding at comcast.net>
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 10:30:58 AM
Subject: Teaching Oral Language via Technology

What can anyone recommend for an approach to teaching language via the internet or DVD where the main goal/focus is oral language without all the trappings and issues of dealing with literacy? I use to work at Rosetta Stone and their approach was highly integrated with literacy, though it could be customized by the user to focus on the audio/verbal component. Unfortunately, they are not taking on any more projects for the near future and I wondered if there were other software approaches that list members know of or have experience using that are effective.

Thanks in advance.

Craig