A century later, Ishi still has lessons to teach (fwd link)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed Sep 14 18:59:21 UTC 2011

Nice to hear from you MJ
yours sounds like a great idea too...
lets view the " studier" through our own lenses and make our own conclusions
about what kind of creature must gather and file so much information, often
so far from home where family and relatives are.

So often i've heard "outsiders" make the classic assumptions that average
school acquired knowledge equals universal truth.  eg.  *"....so when you
people came over on the land bridge, this was at a time...."*
and i stop them and say...*"uh, remember, that is YOUR creation story...but
its not ours."*

should we assume there is ONE SIZE FITS ALL creation story?
anthropologists say we have constantly revised ours by outside influences.
well ... it seems science is always revising its own creation stories as
well.

-richard

--
*"this language of mine,of yours,is who we are and who we have been.It is
where we find our stories,our lives,our ancestors;and it should be where we

richardzanesmith.wordpress.com