We need your vote - for CityTV poll--- (Urgently!!!!)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Tue Sep 20 03:17:54 UTC 2011

you'd think ANY believers of a universal God would be thrilled to have kids
praying five times a day...instead of once at the flag pole
that is....assuming they still do that? (or was that simply a publicity
stunt?)
but of course Islamaphobia is rotten ripe in USA and popular way to sell *scare
books*!   and of course... it is close to Halloween.

but I'm still having a hard time picturing kids being handcuffed and thrown
in detention for saying "Merry Christmas"

-richard

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Paula Meyer <pmeyer8 at cox.net> wrote:

> You are so right, Rolland.  And of course there is nowhere to "vote" for no
> prayer at all.  It's the presuppositions that are the killers.
> Paula
> ---- Rolland Nadjiwon <mikinakn at SHAW.CA> wrote:
> > This is not all of the truth. Christian prayers are not admitted because
> > Christian people protested against it....this is not a petition, this is
> > racism....it does not have my vote. Also, the Christian prayers were
> being
> > made compulsory for all students without regard for their individual
> beliefs
> > or religion. Nothing more scary than rampant fundamentalism as a spur to
> the
> > ancient 'holy wars'.  I will pass this along as requested but not without
> my
> > own editorial.
> >
> > At any rate, since the 'founding' of the 'New World' by Columbus, the
> > indigenous peoples of all of the Americas and archipelago have suffered
> the
> > oppression of Christianity and any other religion wanting to come into
> our
> > land and communities and recruit numbers for the 'right' religions. At
> this
> > point, I don't think it matters a 'whack' who vies for the powers of
> > oppression. We are not the ones who will win that 'war' anyhow and it is
> not
> > 'our war' anyhow.
> >
> > amen, tamam shud, meno geeshiguk and all that moulded and tiring old
> > stuff....
> >
> > -------
> > wahjen
> > rolland nadjiwon
> > You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it....
> >

> >   _____

*"this language of mine,of yours,is who we are and who we have been.It is
where we find our stories,our lives,our ancestors;and it should be where we
find our future too"   Simon Anaviapik ... Inuit*

richardzanesmith.wordpress.com