Capturing the Wajarri language brings joy to elders (fwd link)

Doug Marmion doug.marmion at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 4 23:43:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

It's very pleasing to see this mentioned on this list.

I attended the launch of the Wajarri Dictionary last week at the Murchison Shire office and it was a joyous occasion. It was very sad to see how many of the Elders who contributed so much to the development of the dictionary over the last 25 years have passed away, but everyone was proud to see this work on their language finally in their hands.

-doug