Taiwan: Pingpu Aborigines demand recognition

Huang,Chun huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Mon Aug 13 08:27:02 UTC 2012

Thank you, Uncle Rolland, for your kind words that truly express
emotions well :)

And thank you, Richard and Dr. Hardman, for helping
me answer Rolland. Yes no apology needed. Openness helps us.

I wasn't
able to reply sooner because I just flew to Guam two days ago and today
I've started working in my new school already (I'll add some info about
my new affiliation below). Currently I am staying in a hotel arranged by
the school and I don't always have internet access. Neither have I
access to the school internet yet. You will see me more often when I am
more settled here... maybe in a couple of weeks.

again, thank you all
for the responses. They are much appreciated.

Chun (Jimmy) Huang

Assistant Professor, Division of English and Applied Linguistics,

University of Guam.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:30:13 -0400, Dr. MJ
Hardman wrote:

> Thank you, Richard. I, also, did not think Rolland
need apologize, nor do I think Chun would think so either, and yes, we
do learn of problems in Taiwan through Chun (Jimmy) that are not unlike
those we have in the American continents, and likewise, one is Jaqi, and
thus human, as for the anishinabeh. MJ

Zane Smith" wrote:

>> I'm sorry you feel you have to apologize
Rolland.
>> these are the kinds of discussions that some of us live for.
not just lists of cold facts.
>> or lists of "new and improved
products."
>> unless of course , its from a wary "sense" that colonizers
are still active among us
>> trying to use our languages as a scalpel to
get into our inner beings.
>> Those professionals who want to fix us, as
if we are broken toys....

>> únęh !
>> Sǫhahiyǫh

(Richard)

wrote:

>>> Apologies to ILAT and to you also Jimmy...I didn't
realize your response to
>>> the article was through ILAT. For this I
sincerely apologize and, hopefully,
>>> ILAT will be sensitive to my
penchant for being 'off topic'...however, there
>>> was some reference
to 'indigenous language' in my post...or, is that just a
>>> bad attempt
at 'damage control'...lol.

>>> "in the cabaret of
globalization, the state appears as a stripper -
>>> it strips off all
its characteristics until only the bare essential remains:

repressive force." SubCommander Marcos...

Message-----