NOTES ON QUOTES: Losing Languages And Saving Mother Tongues (fwd link)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Mon Aug 27 18:50:30 UTC 2012

"one language dies every 14 days"
hmmmmmm...really?
what happens when there is only 33  languages left?  or 3 languages left?
will they still die every 14 days?
By these statistics, eventually, in time, even English and Mandarin will be
on the chopping block.
each 14 days apart from extinction of course.
maybe by then we'll at least have some silence...from statisticians

statistics are weird.

-Richard

--

"Find your place on the planet. Dig in, and take responsibility from
there."    - Gary Snyder

richardzanesmith.wordpress.com

**

**