Discovering Apache History at White Mountain Apache Reservation 2012 (fwd link)

BSantaMaria bernisantamaria at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 29 00:54:04 UTC 2012

This is a surprise to some of us who are from the WMA Tribe on the Cultural
Advisory Board. I noted that there is no name for the author/photographer
for this filming. There are processes for people to propose such projects
conducted on our rez and to seek permissions beforehand.  Especially seeing
parts of a sacred ceremony on youtube is disturbing to say the least even
if the family gave permission, the ceremonies are communal property of the
White Mountain Apache People and this is obviously done from an outside
view, not from the insider.

Bernadette A. SantaMaria
Member, Cultural Advisory Board, WMAT