Fwd: [nativestudies-l] RED INK Call for Submissions

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 12 18:05:47 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lowe, Shelly C <shelly_lowe at harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Subject: [nativestudies-l] RED INK Call for Submissions
To: "nativestudies-l at mailman.yale.edu" <nativestudies-l at mailman.yale.edu>

 Good Day,

I hope this finds you well. Will you please help us spread the word to all
our Native People who would consider submitting their work in the pages of
RED INK. For almost 23 years RED INK has published the works of such names
as Vine Deloria Jr, N. Scott Momaday, Wilma ManKiller, Sherwin Bitsui,
Simon Ortiz, and artists such as Edgar Heap of Birds, Douglas Miles, Bunky
EchoHawk, Monica Nuvamsa, Ryan Huna Smith as well as many other established
and up-and-coming writers and artists from Indian Country. We would like to
reach as many Native people as we can, and hopefully you will help us by
forwarding or posting these fliers for others to see. Myself, along with
the RED INK Staff, appreciate your time and consideration.

Current Call for Submissions deadline has been extended to December 31st,
2012. We would like to present the use of story, and the storytellers whom
the stories are remembered and flow through? Do the traditional stories
have relevance in our modern lives, and do they still guide us how we
should live each and everyday? Who are the modern storytellers, and are
there differences between the storytellers in our traditional communities
and the storytellers within our urban communities? Are there new ways of
telling stories and conveying knowledge from an Indigenous perspective
across modern media? Can story change how we perceive health issues,
protect our environmental assets,  understand law and government, or
understand how to successfully become sustainable communities? These are
some of the questions we would like to pose to our contributors.

If you have questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you

-Joseph A. Quintana
RED INK, Editor
redinkpublication at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Ink-Magazine/153379354696515