No subject

Ray ray.simbi at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 19 14:47:25 UTC 2012

Dear all!
I hope this email finds you well.
My name is Raymond from Nairobi Kenya.
As part of my Msc project, I am interested in developing a text to speech
tool for a local indegenous language here in east africa. Its called luhya
and has 24 dialects spoken by the 24 subtribes in Westerns Kenya and
Eastern Uganda.

With this, I would like to achieve the following goals, among many others:

1. Use this tool to help village populations, who can't read and write to
access basic knowledge and materials in civil matters (e.g HIV and aids
awareness.
2. Help indegenous people who cant read and write to access national news
in print (these are usually in English)
3. Assist the blind in the villages easly access information on various
matters that is usually in print.
4. Assist teaches in overpopulated rural classrooms in remote schools to
easily dictate class notes to their students.

I would be very greatful if anyone of you has any ideas that would help to
contribute towards this project. My email address is ray.simbi at gmail.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Ray.