Report from New Guinea

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 29 12:49:14 UTC 2012

The BOLD Project : Steven Bird

ttp://langtech.github.com/tentative/pngreport.html

Storytelling

On our first day in the village, we organised a large mumu (ground oven)
and fed about 60 people of all ages. Then we set up a bench and invited
people to tell stories to the assembled crowd. We asked that the children
not be sent away, as had been suggested. There was no shortage of
storytellers, and their stories were well received, sometimes with minor
corrections from the audience.

*Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
*
Research Coordinator,
CERCLL,  Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy
CONFLUENCE, Center for Creative Inquiry
University of Arizona
Phone: (520) 626-8071
Fax: (520) 626-3313