ILAT Digest - 5 Jan 2012 to 6 Jan 2012 (#2012-6)

Willem Larsen willem at LANGUAGEHUNTERS.ORG
Mon Jan 9 16:54:16 UTC 2012

Phil,

For our new book on Language Hunting we're using a "free" ebook publishing
service that has been great so far, LeanPub:

http://leanpub.com

You can check out how we've used it here:

http://leanpub.com/languagehunterskit

What's great about their service is they automatically publish your
manuscript into those 3 formats, ePub, .pdf, and MOBI. And it's free - they
simply take a small cut of what you charge your readers to download a copy.
You can email a copy of the .pdf to lulu.com to make a hard

They also encourage authors to publish "works in progress"; this means you
can get immediate benefit from an unfinished, in-progress work. Readers can
see what you have so far and use it, give feedback, and so on. Leanpub
updates the eBook files whenever you make a change. This means your readers
have constantly updated versions they are able to read on their desktops.

Best of luck -

Willem
--
Willem Larsen