news cycle...

Huang,Chun huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Fri Jun 22 15:15:18 UTC 2012

Thanks, Phil,

definitely love to see more of the localized news!

Jimmy

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:39:16 -0500, Phillip E Cash Cash wrote:

> Greetings folks,
>
> The news of Google's recent launch of the
Endangered Languages Project made a rush of headlines yesterday. All
quite exciting (since I search the news daily). I'm sure we will see
more of the same in the coming month. Keep an eye out for original
journalistic articles as these seem to take a uniquely local perspective
containing new information. For example, in today's headline, we saw:

> Island takes centre stage in battle to save languages

http://www.timescolonist.com/life/Island+takes+centre+stage+battle+save+languages/6824099/story.html#ixzz1yX286qic
[1]

> This article was good because it "localized" the news of
Google's ELP launch during"...(a big pancake breakfast) at the offices
of the First Peoples' Cultural Council on the Tsartlip reserve" in
Victoria, Canada. :P

> l8ter,
> Phil

Links: