Tools for language documentation presented at Charting Vanishing Voices workshop

King, Dr Alexander D. a.king at ABDN.AC.UK
Sat Jun 30 11:28:43 UTC 2012

Martin just made his presentation here at the workshop and I think that Scriptsource.org<http://Scriptsource.org> looks like a fantastic resource. I will definitely spend some hours perusing it after I get home.

Just before Martin, Lyle Campbell gave a presentation on the website endangeredlanguages.com<http://endangeredlanguages.com> and the database and catalog behind it. It is clear to me that Google was hasty to rush to publicity. The linguists have a lot to add over the next few months and years. They have received hundreds of emails and I think I will wait a year at least before suggesting additions/corrections to the languages and groups I work with.

Finally, another great resource demonstrated today is glottolog, set up by linguists at MPI EVA in Leipzig. You should all check that out at glottolog.org<http://glottolog.org>

Alex

Sent from my iPhone