I wonder if this would be true for Native languages

Terry J. Klokeid klokeid at UVIC.CA
Tue Mar 27 01:55:45 UTC 2012

On 26-03-2012, at 5:31 pm, Cathy Wheaton wrote:

> how important home language usage is for the whole community!

 Language Recovery

The following statement guides the language program of the Huu-ay-aht First Nations.

Language Recovery is the process of restoring our Nuu-chah-nulth language to play a useful, functional role in community activities.

The outcome of Language Recovery is achieved when families maintain the Nuu-chah-nulth language, when children learn the language from their parents, grandparents, siblings, and playmates.