women as keepers of the language

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Thu May 10 14:45:18 UTC 2012

I imagine wherever patriarchalism has been forceful and domineering,
we have a raw-nervy sensitivity to gender issues that won't be felt within
a culture
that has not had the gender dominance problems "western culture" has had.
It might even be that some understandings of "fairness" are going to vary
from culture to culture.
Some might be content where we would be uncomfortable...or even outraged.

its always enlightening to discover cultures that have much less gender
inequalities.
1000 year sustainable cultures really need a lot more serious
investigation!!

-Richard

--
*

"Think not forever of yourselves... nor of your own generation.

Think of continuing generations of our families,

think of our grandchildren and of those yet unborn,

whose faces are coming from beneath the ground."             The Peacemaker,

 richardzanesmith.wordpress.com

**

**

*