music and language

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Nov 14 19:19:14 UTC 2012

Greetings ILAT,

I recently saw an amazing video showing Gabby Giffords the Arizona
Congresswoman recovering from her brain injury stemming from a bullet that
passed thru the left side of her brain.  The video describes how she was
able to regain her speech thru music thus demonstrating quite effectively
the neurological link between music and language learning.

http://youtu.be/ndNn3Ucxt5k

I just wanted to post the video simply to spark some conversation on the
topic of music & language.  If it is a new idea or if you simply want to
see music being put into action please take a look at the video.  For some
of you, I'm sure this will be quite familiar.

Phil
UofA