Teach indigenous languages to 'avoid death of cultures' (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Nov 19 20:04:40 UTC 2012

*Teach indigenous languages to 'avoid death of cultures'*

Sapa | 19 November, 2012 13:03

The teaching of indigenous languages to avoid the "death of cultures"
should be prioritised, the Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy said
on Monday.

"We need to act fast to stop this alarming trend," said Molteno CEO
Masennya Dikotla in a statement.

"If we fail to do so, we will soon end up with a situation where our
children neither speak their mother tongues nor English fluently."

Access full article below:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2012/11/19/teach-indigenous-languages-to-avoid-death-of-cultures