Fwd: Our Language in Your Hands: Mark Turin's new series on BBC Radio 4

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 29 15:11:10 UTC 2012

This might be of interest for list members.
Claire

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Turin <mark.turin at yale.edu>
Date: Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Subject: Our Language in Your Hands: Mark Turin's new series on BBC Radio 4

Dear Colleagues,

First of all, apologies for any cross-posting.

I thought that you might be interested to know about a three-part series
that I am presenting on BBC Radio on themes of language diversity,
endangerment and policy that starts next week.

The first episode, recorded in Nepal over the summer, airs from
11:00-11:30am GMT on Monday, 3 December, 2012 (6:00am US Eastern time).
Alongside analogue and digital radio transmission in the UK, the programme
will be streamed live online:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/>.

The series has its own set of web pages on the BBC site:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p6zpl>

Episodes two and three cover the linguistic landscape of South Africa and
New York City, and will be aired 11:00-11:30am on Monday 10 and Monday 17
December respectively.

BBC Radio 4 staff assure me that the programmes will be archived as
podcasts for the foreseeable future.

All the very best, and feel free to send the message on to anyone you think
may be interested,

    Mark

---
Mark Turin