Bilingual education for Indigenous Australians (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Sep 19 18:29:10 UTC 2012

*Bilingual education for Indigenous Australians
*
19 September 2012 , 9:53 PM by Lachlan Mackintosh
[podcast]

There's a lot to a language, it’s more than just a tool for communication,
it's a social identity.

So when a language disappears, how does it affect the culture attached to
it?

The 'Our Land, Our Languages' report was released this week, it looked at
the role of Indigenous languages in Australia and how they could help
strengthen the Aboriginal identify and culture.

Access full article below:
http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2012/09/bilingual-education-for-indigenous-australians.html