"Odd" sentences in grammars

BJG egonxti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:26:55 UTC 2013

What kind of simplification is this person looking for? Does he want a
shorter Apache name, or a shorter English translation? If it's the first,
then the answer can simply be "because we haven't shortened it". If it's
the second, it can be "because our bilingual speakers have legitimate
authority to determine the proper translation for public circulation in the
outside world".

--
Bryan James Gordon