Indigenous languages crucial to cultural flourishing (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:01:39 UTC 2013

Indigenous languages crucial to cultural flourishing
BY
ÂPIHTAWIKOSISÂN <http://rabble.ca/taxonomy/term/19012>
 | DECEMBER 4, 2013

To hear non-Indigenous people tell it, we've been teetering on the edge of
extinction since not too long after Contact. That narrative hasn't changed
much over the years, though the cause of our cultural and perhaps even
physical demise has varied somewhat in the details. There have been moments
of colonial guilt over past policies, but in every age the contemporary
opinion is focused on the inherent inability of Indigenous peoples to
survive in the supposedly modern world.

Access full article below:
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/apihtawikosisan/2013/12/indigenous-languages-crucial-to-cultural-flourishing