data base

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 13 18:49:17 UTC 2013

Hi Tammy,
I have a few suggestions in addition to what the others have said.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this conversation.

. evernote.com. If the people in your office don't like setting up
computer programs, the suggestions people have made here might be a
bit fiddly to get running. Evernote is very simple. It's just a set of
text files that you can sync over several computers. You have
"notebooks" that you can store things in. I have a notebook for my
work notes, one for recipes, one for things I need to do at home, etc.
It's a great way to keep lots of things in one place. It's free for
under 60mb a month. Searching within evernote is very easy and it's
all text files so it's easy to export. You can also store audio,
video, pdfs, photos, etc in the same program.
. wesay.org Some people use this for dictionaries. I haven't used it
myself but they have a web site with examples.
. lexiquepro.com is for dictionaries. It could probably also be used
to store phrases and sentences too.
. If you want to make your own database with its own fields, filemaker
or access are the main ones. That's probably overkill for what you
need though.

Claire