Delegation to Celebrate Contributions of Code Talkers in Gold Medal Ceremony (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:37:12 UTC 2013

*Delegation to Celebrate Contributions of Code Talkers in Gold Medal
Ceremony*

Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 15:48 Written by Media Release

WASHINGTON—Senators John Thune (R-S.D.) and Tim Johnson (D-S.D.), and
Representative Kristi Noem (R-S.D.), today announced that Native American
code talkers from eight of South Dakota’s tribes will be recognized for
their dedicated and valorous service during World War I and World War II at
a gold medal ceremony to be held at the U.S. Capitol on November 20, 2013.

The Congressional Gold Medal award is among the highest honors of
appreciation and recognition bestowed on an individual, institution, or
event by Congress. In total, 33 tribes from around the country will be
recognized, and over 200 silver medals will be presented to families of
code talkers. Thune and Johnson were cosponsors of the Senate version of
The Code Talkers Recognition Act of 2008 (H.R. 4544), which was signed into
law in October of 2008 and directed the issuance of medals to honor the
contributions of Native American code talkers during World War I and World
War II.

​Access full article below:
http://nativetimes.com/index.php/news/federal/9232-delegation-to-celebrate-contributions-of-code-talkers-in-gold-medal-ceremony