UAS and Yukon College partnership advances Native language efforts (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:00:43 UTC 2013

UAS and Yukon College partnership advances Native language effortsBy Lisa
Phu
Posted on October 22, 2013 at 10:45 am

University of Alaska Southeast and Yukon College signed an agreement this
weekend that renews a more than 25-year relationship. The two institutions
will continue to work together in various academic fields, including
resource development and Native languages.

The agreement says both schools are committed to finding future academic
cooperation for the benefit of the region’s people. Chancellor of the
University of Alaska Southeast John Pugh and Yukon College president Karen
Barnes signed a memorandum of understanding during the Al-Can Summit at UAS
hosted by the Juneau World Affairs Council.

“We’ve been working together for 25 years plus and we have lots of
relationships in the program areas, but it’s a bit of a push for us,”
explains Barnes. “We wanted to resign it to say we’re really serious about
this relationship and we can see lots of future possibilities that we want
to explore so I think it was a bit of an incentive for us to keep moving
and keep growing.”

​Access full article below:
http://www.ktoo.org/2013/10/22/uas-and-yukon-college-partnership-advances-native-language-efforts/
​