Fwd: Deadline Extended, Heritage Language Conference at UCLA: CALL FOR PAPERS

Jodi Burshia jodi.burshia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 04:12:10 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gerda Lobo <gerdalobo at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Subject: Deadline Extended, Heritage Language Conference at UCLA: CALL FOR
PAPERS

**

*Second International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages*

*March 7-8, 2014
**Covel Commons @ UCLA*

*Call for Papers (Submission Deadline: September 30, 2013)** and
Registration Fee Reduced*

*Our conference will focus on heritage/community language studies as a
multidisciplinary field. We seek submissions from disciplines including but
not limited to anthropology, demographics, linguistics, sociology, applied
linguistics, policy, psychology, bilingualism, education, and assessment.*

*You are invited to submit a proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel. (A
panel submission can accommodate up to four individual papers under a
common theme.)*

*Proposal submission is a 2-step process:*

*1) Please file your proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel,
here<http://2014conf.nhlrc.ucla.edu/default.aspx?cmd=default%5Chome>.
Before submitting, you will be required to register and create a password,
and then can log in to the system to submit your proposal.*

*2) In addition, to facilitate review and program organization, please
complete an information form here <http://ucla.in/14kHUtt>.*

*(Please make sure to complete both these steps. Proposals will go out for
external review, and our database capacity does not allow us to have a
single submission site that can simultaneously process submissions,
reviews, and program organization.)*

*Conference Registration*

*Registration will open in November, 2013. Registration fees are as follows:
** **REGISTRATION REDUCED*

*We are pleased to announce that registration fees are reduced due to a
generous contribution from UCLA. Registration will include two lunches and
a reception on Friday night.*

   - *Early registration (from opening through February 7, 2014): $**180** for
   registrants other than graduate students; $1**00** for graduate students*
   - *Registration after February 7: $2**2**5 for registrants other than
   graduate students; $150 for graduate students*
   - *$75 to attend a pre-conference workshop on Thursday, March 6, from 4-7
   p.m.:  “Attending to the Needs of Heritage Language Learners in Mixed
   Classrooms.” Workshop registration will be available on the main
   conference registration site.*

*Questions Re Abstract Submission, Contact: Susie Bauckus
sbauckus at international.ucla.edu*

*
*

*General Questions? Contact: Gerda Lobo g <Gerda at globoworld.net>
erdalobo at gmail.com**; Claire Chikchik at international.ucla.edu*

--
P.O. Box 4910
Albuquerque, New Mexico

You have the right to be heard and the responsibility to listen.