grad programs in documentation

Monica Macaulay mmacaula at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 29 18:49:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

One of our undergraduate majors was just in my office asking me for recommendations for graduate schools to apply to.  He’s interested in language documentation, and especially applications of documentary materials for teaching.  I know we’ve talked before about how some of us (well, me at least!) feel like training in those applied areas is really lacking.  I’m writing to ask what you would recommend as programs that would be good for a student interested in this.  The University of Hawaii is an obvious one for documentation, of course.  But where else?

thanks!

- Monica

Monica Macaulay
University of Wisconsin