grad programs in documentation

Linn, Mary S. mslinn at ou.edu
Wed Apr 30 18:19:49 UTC 2014

I agree with Rudy, and here is another:

In the Anthropology Department here at OU, have the Masters in Applied Linguistic Anthropology, which is an MA in language documentation and revitalization. We have four faculty, plus affiliated faculty in the linguistics program and in Native American Studies, and an average of 3 students per cohort. About half of our students are indigenous scholars who want to go back and work in their own communities. One of the reasons we started it was so there would be a place to get a graduate degree in linguistics in Oklahoma so students can remain active in their communities while in school.

Mary S. Linn
Associate Curator, Native American Languages
Associate Professor, Linguistic Anthropology
Adjunct Associate Professor, Native American Studies

Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman, OK 73072
405-325-7588 (voice)