neologisms

Troike, Rudolph C - (rtroike) rtroike at email.arizona.edu
Thu Aug 28 18:13:02 UTC 2014

Joshua Fishman once said that the dictionary created by
"experts" for Hebrew in advance of reviving the language
for use in Israel, ignored the fact that people were already
using many words of their own creation, and fully half
of the invented words were never adopted. I heard a
similar story from Nigeria some years ago regarding
efforts to "modernize" one of the languages there.

    Rudy

    Rudy Troike
    University of Arizona