$2.6M for Indigenous Language Projects (fwd link)

Kazuko Obata Kazuko.Obata at aiatsis.gov.au
Tue Feb 25 00:53:37 UTC 2014

If my memory is correct, this separate funding was advertised on the ILS website and applications were open to everyone not just to invited applicants.

I thought this funding was not one-off but is going to be offered for a few years. I think it came out of the Creative Australia - National Cultural Policy, which says, 'Providing $13.983 million in new funding over four years to develop community-driven language resources and activities'. Mind you, when the annual funding round is not announced yet, we have to wonder whether this money is going to be available.

Kazuko