Inuit language celebration underway in Nunavut, Canada (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 21:46:05 UTC 2014

Inuit language celebration underway in Nunavut, Canada
Eilís Quinn, Eye on the Arctic
February 25, 2014

An Inuit Language celebration is now underway in Canada’s eastern Arctic
territory of Nunavut.

The annual event is held to promote and encourage the use of the Inuit
language across the territory.

“Our language reflects the essence of who we are," Languages
Commissioner Sandra Inutiq said in a news release. “It is important we
continue to learn it, use it and to remind ourselves of the importance of
our language by celebrating it.”

This year, the two-week celebration runs through Friday.

Access full article below:
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140225/inuit-language-celebration-underway-nunavut-canada