Microsoft Corporation : Cherokee Language Added to Microsoft Office Web Apps (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 16:37:00 UTC 2014

Microsoft Corporation : Cherokee Language Added to Microsoft Office Web Apps
01/08/2014 | 12:51am US/Eastern

TAHLEQUAH, Okla., Jan. 7 -- The Cherokee Nation, a federally-recognized
Native American tribe, issued the following news release:

The Cherokee Nation finished its largest translation project to date,
adding the Cherokee language to Microsoft Office Web Apps.

Starting this week, people can use Office Web Apps, which include Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote in the Cherokee language. The public can
create a free account at www.skydrive.com to access the programs on any
computer or mobile device.

"One of my sworn duties as principal chief is to protect the Cherokee
Nation's culture, history and identity. This relationship with Microsoft is
another shining example of the critical work we do to preserve our
traditional language," Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Bill John Bakersaid.
"Statistics show that half of the world's 6,000 languages will be lost by
the next century if nothing is done to preserve them. That will not be the
fate of the Cherokee language, thanks in part to the hard work and
collaboration between our tribal government and Microsoft."

Access full article below:
http://www.4-traders.com/MICROSOFT-CORPORATION-4835/news/Microsoft-Corporation--Cherokee-Language-Added-to-Microsoft-Office-Web-Apps-17763533/