April Charlo is new NKWusm Executive Director (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:29:56 UTC 2014

*April Charlo is new NKWusm Executive Director*
By Adriana Fehrs
March 13, 2014

ARLEE — April Charlo accepted her new role as the Executive Director of the
NkWusm Salish Language Institute on February 5. She has high hopes of
making her time there a positive mark in history for the Salish language
and culture.

Charlo grew up in Arlee. She was homeschooled until the age of twelve by
her mother. She says, “Being out on the land, and learning about
traditional native ways was always important to me; I became bonded with
the natural world.” She continued on to higher education at SKC, where she
obtained an associate’s in Native American Studies and a Bachelor’s in
Elementary Education in 2009. Charlo went on to further continue her
education at the University of Montana, and obtained her Master’s in
Educational Leadership in 2011.
​
Access full article below:
​http://www.charkoosta.com/2014/2014_03_13/April_Charlo_Nkwusm_Ex_Dir.html