Solicitation for Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants from NSF=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99s_?=Linguistics Program

Hardman,Martha J hardman at ufl.edu
Sun May 18 14:46:48 UTC 2014

Please excuse me! I thought I was forwarding this to a student of
mine! Ouch. MJ

On Sun, 18 May 2014 10:39:46 -0400, Hardman,Martha J
wrote:

> Just FYI and JIC. Are you on the ILAT list? If not, you
should be.

-0700, Phillip E Cash Cash wrote:

>> Subject:
>> Solicitation for
Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants from NSF's Linguistics
Program

>> Body:
>> NSF's Linguistics Program has published a
solicitation (NSF 14-551) for Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement
proposals (Ling-DDRI). The solicitation is available via the following
web link: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505033 [1].

>> This solicitation provides instructions for the preparation of
proposals to be submitted to the Linguistics Program for Doctoral
Dissertation Research Improvement (DDRI) Grants. It replaces
instructions that had been included in the Social, Behavioral, and
Economic Sciences (SBE) Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement
Grants (SBE-DDRIG) announcement (NSF 11-547). The advisor or another
faculty member serving as the principal investigator (PI) of the
proposal is now required to submit a signed statement affirming that the
student will be able to undertake the proposed research soon after a
DDRI award is made. In addition, the PI must affirm that she/he has read
the proposal and believes that it makes a strong case for support of the
dissertation research project.

>> This solicitation also provides
new clarification regarding certain aspects of DDRI proposal preparation
for submission to the Linguistics Program. Doctoral students are limited
to two DDRI submissions in the course of their graduate career; however,
there is no limitation on the number of times that a graduate advisor
may be the principal investigator on a DDRI proposal submitted to the
Linguistics Program, either during a specific competition or over the
course of her/his career.

>> Target dates for submitting DDRI
proposals remain unchanged: January 15th and July 15th, annually.

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505033