Basque <-ar>, <-(t)ar>

Jim Rader jrader at m-w.com
Thu Apr 1 09:39:49 UTC 1999

To the best of my knowledge, Latin has no independent suffix <-aris>.
 The adjectival suffix <-a:lis> appears as <-a:ris> when the base has
environments <-a:ris>:  <capitalis>, <mortalis>, etc., and note
<dualis> vs. <singularis>.  How the suffix <-a:lis> would have been
handled by Basque I couldn't say.

Jim Rader