The Neolithic Hypothesis (Fashion)

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 16:26:33 UTC 1999

I wrote:
<<Conversely, if you mention the fact that German retains "archaic" features,
it assumes that change in this case DID NOT "just happen," but in fact failed
to happen.  If you don't attribute
some external cause for this, then why is the archaism in German
so singular?  Chance?  Or isn't it more likely that Germanic was
either cut-off, isolated or geographically distant from the
"innovative core" - all external factors.>>