Slavic pIsU

Eduard Selleslagh edsel at glo.be
Sat Apr 10 09:47:00 UTC 1999

>[ Moderator's note:
>  MCV has been caught by 7-bit-mail again--that's _Morfologi'a Vasca_ above,
>  I reconstruct.
>  --rma ]

[Ed Selleslagh]

The problem is clearly in the xkl.com 's server(s), and probably in some
subscribers' PC. I have absolutely no problem with receiving these
characters directly from some of the people that have sent such postings to
the list.(Using Character set ISO-8859-1)

Mr. Moderator, can you do something about this?

E. Selleslagh

[ Moderator's response:
  The "problem" is indeed in the mail server used by this list:  It is not
  capable of dealing with 8-bit mail, nor will it ever be.  The character
  set in which e-mail should be sent to this list is US-ASCII; I will not
  get in the way of MIME-quoted mail, although I cannot read it myself, but
  I cannot do anything about 8-bit characters coming in.
  --rma ]