IE *k^won and its origin

Sun Apr 11 20:38:16 UTC 1999

	I've read so much contradictory info on canid timelines that it
makes me wonder if there weren't 2 or more levels of domestication at
different times:
	1. The semi-domesticated yellowish-brown variety, e.g.: Dingo, New
Guinea Singing Dog, SE US "yaller dog" [which is said to go back to
pre-Columbian times]
	2. modern fully neotenized breeds

[ moderator snip ]