Scandinavian languages

Fri Apr 16 17:32:54 UTC 1999

	So, are you saying that Bokmål is pretty much Norwegianized Danish?

[snip]

>WEST NORDIC:
>Old Norse (+) > Icelandic, Faroese, Norn (+), and Norwegian (Nynorsk)
>EAST NORDIC:
>*Old East Nordic (+) > Swedish, Gutnish (+), Danish, and Norwegian (Bokmål)

[snip]

	Is Gutnish the same as Skanian? I've run into people from southern
Sweden who claim Skanian as their native language. I've also run into
people from Bornholm who claim that a distinctive Scandinavian language is
spoken there. Are these dialects or transitional languages?