Pennsylvania tree for IE

Larry Trask larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 13:12:08 UTC 1999

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Roslyn M. Frank wrote:

[on the Pennsylvania tree for IE]

> I read this report when it came out. I would be very interested to
> hear what others think of their research model.

So would I.  I have seen virtually no commentary, but then I don't see
the IEist journals.

A potential difficulty, of course, is that the authors have arbitrarily,
if carefully, selected the particular characters to be fed into their
tree-drawing program.  It is always possible that a different set of
characters might yield a different tree.

Larry Trask
COGS
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QH