`zebra'

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 05:08:31 UTC 1999

>larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk writes:

>I note also that the site reports another Bantu language for Angola, called
>Luchazi, with an alternative name Ponda, and still another Bantu language,
>called Mbundu or Bondo

-- the number of Bantu "languages" varies in a colorful and rather arbitrary
manner, due to differing opinions on what constitutes a language and what a
dialect.

The Bantu migration is so recent, and the number of standardized (still less
written) Bantu languages until recently so small, that the situation is
rather chaotic.