"UCLA IE Studies, vol. 1"

dwanders at pacbell.net dwanders at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 12 17:17:18 UTC 1999

Announcing a collection of papers in Indo-European studies by
faculty and
students of the UCLA Program in Indo-European Studies:

UCLA INDO-EUROPEAN STUDIES, Volume 1 (July, 1999)
edited by Vyacheslav V. Ivanov and Brent Vine

331 pages / $12 (including postage) [order form below] -
CONTENTS:

PHONOLOGY
Greek rhiza 'root' and 'Schwa Secundum'
        Brent Vine

MORPHOLOGY
A Lexical Analysis of Simple *-r/n- Heteroclisis in Proto-Indo-
European
        Jay Friedman
Latin -inare/-inari
        Brent Vine

(MORPHO)SYNTAX
Word Order Change in Umbrian: From Postpositions to
Prepositions
        Christopher Wilhelm

Indo-European Syntactic Rules and Gothic Morphology
        Vyacheslav V. Ivanov

WURZELN, WORTER UND SACHEN
Aggression and Sustenance: Driving (*ag'-) and Beating (*gwhen-)
Symbiosis in (Proto-)Indo-European
        Raimo Anttila

Comparative Notes on Hurro-Urartian, Northern Caucasian and
Indo-European
        Vyacheslav V. Ivanov

An Ancient Name for the Lyre
        Vyacheslav V. Ivanov

Old Novgorodian Nevide, Russian nevidal' : Greek aide:los
        Vyacheslav V. Ivanov

A Note on the Duenos Inscription
        Brent Vine

BOOK REVIEWS
Remarks on a So-Called Encyclopedia of Language (review of David
Crystal, The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language, 2nd ed., 1997)
        Bengt Lofstedt

Recent Work from St. Petersburg, I (Classical and Indo-European
Linguistics, Celtic Studies)
        Brent Vine

Recent Work from St. Petersburg, II (Balkan Studies, Slavic
Linguistics
and Ethnolinguistics)
        Vyacheslav V. Ivanov
ORDER FORM (please print out, or produce something similar)

Name                    _________________________________

Mailing address

No. of copies ordered (@ $12 ea. [or equivalent in foreign currency],
incl. postage):    _______

I enclose a check (payable to "UCLA FOUNDATION") in the
amount of:

mail orders to:
Brent Vine
Program in IE Studies, UCLA