agglutination in Scandinavian languages, etc.

Tue Feb 2 02:15:32 UTC 1999

Just wanted to say that people like Larry, Carol, Miguel, Stefan, Sasha et
al. AND EVEN Alexis --who is also occaionally guilty of explaining basic
concepts are tremendously appreciated and not just by me. Their work is NOT
thankless.

At 6:01 AM -0500 1/30/99, manaster at umich.edu wrote:
>I do not see how this list can flourish if it becomes
>a place in which people get a remedial education in
>historical linguistics.  I am impressed that there
>are people, like Larry and Carol, who have the energy
>to undertake this thankless job, but I for one would like
>to have a list where issues of Indo-European historical
>linguistics could be discussed instead.  And I don't
>think that there is another one besides this one(:-).

>So, please, can we switch to talking about IE, a novel
>idea for a list devoted to IE I know, but still...
[snip]

Rick Mc Callister
W-1634
MUW