IE-Semitic connections

Glen Gordon glengordon01 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:37:35 UTC 1999

[ Moderator's note:
  This response to Theo Vennemann's comment was accidentally addressed to the
  Nostratic list rather than Indo-European.  I have, with Mr. Gordon's consent,
  posted it to the correct mailing list.
  --rma ]

To all those angry with me,

>By calling some linguists' views "something very conjectural and
>unbased on the linguistic evidence" you may quell a discussion just
>as easily as provoke one. It just does not sound inquisitive.

Yes, I make opinions on who's views are more likely than others but I
don't name names and I don't write off anybody completely. Whether one
feels someone's ideas are based or not based on linguistic evidence is a
subjective opinion but I guess I can't win, can I? Everything I say can
and will be turned around. All I want is peace.

                             #######
                          ###   #   ###
                             #######

                   Can't we all just get along??