Breakup of Persians and East Indians (Avestan and Vedic)

Carol Jensen jorna at web4you.dk
Sat Jan 30 21:30:29 UTC 1999

I have often wondered why I have never read anything about the fight, if there
was one, between the Avestans and Vedics.

The languages are so close, they must have broken up shortly before the various
hymns were written down.

In the Avestan hymns, one learns of the reformer Zarasthustra. Now it is
obvious that what he has reformed is the Vedic religion. Was there a fight
before they split? Could it be the Persians referred to in the Vedic texts
("We broke down their walled town", etc.)

Anyone read anything, or have any thoughts on this?

Carol Jensen