Latin perfects and Fluent Etruscan in 30 days

Tue Jul 13 17:14:43 UTC 1999

	hijo for "shoot from a dead plant, plant baby" is very common and
is a normal usage
	I've heard Spaniards as well as Latin Americans use it when talking
about "spider plants"
	Be care ful with dictionaries because so many of them use only
technical terms that agricultural engineers use while skipping many of the
actual terms farmers use

[snip]

>If you really happened to hear the word "hijo", it might be due -- IMHO --
>to an improper usage and/or a rare "modismo hispanoamericano".

>Cheers

>       Paolo Agostini

Rick Mc Callister
W-1634