gender

Patrick C. Ryan proto-language at email.msn.com
Thu Mar 4 15:11:44 UTC 1999

Dear Rich and IEists:

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick C. Ryan <proto-language at email.msn.com>
Date: Thursday, March 04, 1999 6:03 AM

 <snip>

>[ Moderator's response:
>  What does your version of the laryngeal theory have to say about the Greek
>  anatyptic vowels?  How does it deal with the Indo-Iranian data (Skt. -i-,
>  Iranian -0-)?  For that matter, how does it explain the other ablaut data
>  that led Saussure to his formulation in the first place?
>  --rma ]

I am trying to put together a better exposition of the idea now; and when I
have, I will make it available on a page at my website.

However, if you want to outline one particular "problem", I will attempt to
address it on the list.

Pat

[ Moderator's response:
  Let us know when you have written it up.
  --rma ]