*p>f Revisited - When was German invented?

Patrick C. Ryan proto-language at email.msn.com
Thu Mar 11 03:00:29 UTC 1999

Dear Steve and IEists:

 -----Original Message-----
From: X99Lynx at aol.com <X99Lynx at aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 3:43 PM

>In a message dated 3/8/99 08:49:13 AM, rma wrote:

><<[ Moderator's comment:
>  And what of the very similar, though completely separate, Armenian shift?
>  --rma ]>>

<large snip>

I do not want to actively enter this discussion but, for whatever it may be
worth, I believe the Germanic sound system was developed in the IE homeland,
in close proximity to Semitic, as the correspondences I have developed
between Germanic and Semitic seem to suggest --- after other IE branches had
struck for the west.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2803/comparison.AFRASIAN.3_germanic.htm

Pat

PATRICK C. RYAN <PROTO-LANGUAGE at email.msn.com>
(501) 227-9947; FAX/DATA (501)312-9947
9115 W. 34th St. Little Rock, AR 72204-4441 USA
WEBPAGES: <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2803>
and PROTO-RELIGION:
<http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2803/proto-religion/indexR.html>
"Veit ek, at ek hekk, vindga meipi, nftr allar nmu,
geiri undapr . . . a ~eim meipi er mangi veit
hvers hann af rstum renn." (Havamal 138)