arrancar

Tue Mar 16 17:07:19 UTC 1999

Corominas/Coromines sounds like he had a bit of a split personality
but this does happen when we switch languages

	How does <crank> fit in here? Or does it?
	Semantically it might fit providing it's from Romance
	Watkins's chart in his Dict. of IE Roots
matches Germanic /hw/ with Latin /qu/
	But can we have /QUr-/ & /hwr/?

	But then Watkins goes and says that <wrench> is from IE *wer- and
he leaves out <branch>. So Silent Cal is no help.

	And then there's renco

	BTW: what else is known about Sorothaptic? And the Sorothapts?

[ moderator snip ]